For individuals who prefer to grow at home, grow lights are often a necessity. After all, these make it possible to grow healthy plants indoors without the need for any natural sunlight. While the introduction of these lights has certainly made it easier to see thriving plants indoors, it can be difficult to choose which brand and model of light is right for you. To help you narrow down your choices, the best led grow lights 2019 have been compiled and listed below.
With a few improvements from the best led grow lights 2018, you’ll find the lights below are well worth investing in. Whether you’re thinking about growing just one plant or you want to grow many more, these are the very best choices out there. With some of the best led grow lights review from other buyers, you’ll quickly see why they are so popular once you own on
Table of 30 Best Led Grow Lights ON Amazon
01.TaoTronics LED Grow Light Bulb
This is a full spectrum LED Grow light bulb that has excellent reviews from individuals who choose to grow indoors. With three different colors, including gold, white, and green, you’ll be able to find the one that suits your individual color preference quite easily. What makes this light so special is the fact that it’s ready for immediate plant growth. All you have to do is place it into an E26 or E27 socket and you’ll be able to get started right away. You can also insert this into a lamp, although there is not a special lamp that is required. A standard E26 socket is already included.
With the unique umbrella design of this bulb, you’ll experience better heat dissipation that lends toward better overall plant growth and less collective heat in your home. In fact, even after being on for 24 hours, you shouldn’t see an increase of heat in your growing areas. The 60-degree illumination angle is another benefit of this light, as it covers a bigger area without sacrificing intensity or efficiency of the light. You’ll be able to grow more without needing extra bulbs, which ultimately saves you money.
This bulb has also been designed with 12 spaced out 3W LED lights in order to cover all of the wavelengths plants need to grow from start to finish. You can expect a lifespan of up to 50,000 hours, so you can use this for years to come without any worry. The full spectrum bands make it suitable for growing just about anything you want over the year.
– Easy to install; no special light required
– Can help increase plant production
– 60-degree illumination angle to reach more plants
– Some buyers say it dies before a year of use
– You must have either a socket or lamp ready to use
– Not ideal for smaller gardens
02.Mars Hydro 300W LED Grow Light
Made by the well-known brand Mars Hydro, you can expect great things from this 300W LED grow light. When you first see it out of the box, you’ll notice the lightweight square design with rounded corners and colorful lights in the middle. While the colorful lights are fun to look at, these are designed to offer full spectrum lighting in order to grow healthy flowers and plants. In fact, these lights can cover all stages of a plant’s growth, which makes it one of the most efficient types of lights you’ll be able to find.
While this does offer 300W of light when in use, you’ll be glad to know that this only uses 132W on your electricity. This can save you a great deal of money, especially if you plan on keeping your light on for long periods of time.
It’s ideal for a 2’x2′ growing area, when hung directly over plants so each of the lights can provide plants with what they need to grow. This light has also been designed to be safe and easy to use, beginning with the UL certification plug that you can easily plug into the wall. It also includes powerful cooling fans that help reduce heat without making a lot of noise.
If you’re looking for reliability, this will not let you down, as it has been designed with an integrated circuit board. This means that if one area fails, the light will still work so you can continue using it. Great customer service comes along with your purchase of this grow light, with a 3-year warranty that includes access to a call center in California. You can also get your money back within 30-days, just in case you don’t like something about the light.
– Energy efficient
– Guarantee included
– Helps with all stages of plant growth
– Separate heat sink and circuit board for added safety
– Some buyers say this doesn’t encourage healthy growth
– Guarantee can be difficult to claim
– More red lights than other colors
03.ViparSpectra Reflector-Series 300W LED Grow Light
This affordable light is a bit bigger than others, although still lightweight and fairly easy to hang up. It has been designed with two separate sections of full spectrum lights inside, which makes it ideal for helping plants thrive through each stage of growth. The engineering in this product is remarkable, with technology that helps keep the PAR output and coverage in perfect balance.
When compared to traditional lights, this consumes far less while still displaying the wattage you want for optimal plant growth. This saves you money on your energy bill so you can feel free to keep the light on as long as you need to.
If you are planning on growing a 2’x2′ area, this is going to be the perfect light for you. When hung overhead, it will provide the perfect lighting to all areas of each plant, which will help ensure healthy growth without any missed areas. If you have been bothered by the sound of lights in the past, you’ll enjoy the design on this. It includes high-speed fans that are still quiet so they continuously cool without making a lot of noise. This heat dissipation keeps your grow area or grow tent quiet, so it’s a feature you’ll enjoy no matter how many plants you’re working on.
– Reliability with an included guarantee
– Offers full spectrum light for optimal growth
– Doesn’t make a lot of noise
– Some buyers have had light fail within 30 days
– Some buyers say this produces too much white light
– Not ideal if you have a larger garden
04.Meizhi LED Grow Light Reflector Series 300W
This light comes in many different watts, although the 300W is one of the most popular. With a small rectangular design, this is a light that should be used on smaller garden areas rather than those that span a lot of space. However, although it is compact, it has been well designed. It includes upgraded reflector lights that concentrate the light produced in order to maximize efficiency and help produce a high yield for your plants. It can also help save energy, as it only uses 139W in actual energy.
There are dual switches located on this product, including one for veg and one for flower. You can easily adjust this depending on what you’re growing and what stage the plants are currently in. Inside of the unit is 1 high-speed cooling fan that effectively works to dissipate heat without making a lot of noise. You can have this product on for quite a while without noticing the sound, so it won’t annoy you or make it obvious that you have it turned on. Additionally, the heat sink dissipation system helps to reduce overall heat experienced in the growing room.
– Can grow any plant no matter how long the growth cycle is
– Easy to install design
– Save 30% energy to help reduce your power bill
– Not ideal for large gardens
– Needs to be hung at 18” high, which may crowd smaller areas with tall plants
– Not many reviews
05.Roleadro 300W LED Grow Light
This is one of the best led grow lights on Amazon, with hundreds of excellent reviews. The first thing that stands out about this unit is the fact that it can help grow all types of indoor plants, as it has been designed with full spectrum blue, red, IR, UV, and white lights. These mimic natural sunlight so you can grow day or night in an enclosed room and a grow tent. However, it’s important to know that this light does have more red light, as it has been shown to help produce better yield and healthier growth.
If you’re worried about heat from this 300W light, you can rest easy knowing it has a heat-removal system that’s highly effective. This includes 2 cooling fans as well as a built-in aluminum heat sink temperature controller. You’ll see energy savings when you use this unit compared to others, as it only uses 130W compared to traditional 400W lights. It also has a 90-degree optical lens that improves the lumen and PAR output to reduce the amount of light loss experienced.
– Accurately draws the wattage it says it does, which saves you money on electricity
– Affordable price compared to similar lights
– Discreet shipping
– Customer service isn’t the best
– Some buyers say the light is too bright
– The cable is a little bit too short for some users
06.ViparSpectra Reflector Series 450W Grow Light
Looking for the best led grow lights for vegetables? This unit won’t disappoint. The veg and bloom switches on the side make it easy to go through all stages of growth, although you can also use this for flowers and other plants you’d like to grow indoors. When you first get this unit, you’ll notice that the optimal full spectrum lights are very bright and colorful.
This is for good reason, as they mimic sunlight in a way that’s more powerful than other led lights. The perfect balance of colors will hit each plant perfectly within a 2’x2′ area, so there won’t be any areas that are dead or partially grown.
This unit also comes with advanced fans that are high-speed yet very quiet so you won’t hear them while running. In addition to this, the cooling heatsinks provide incredible heat dissipation to minimize the amount of heat experienced in your grow room. For added security, you’ll get a 30-day guarantee along with a 3-year warranty when you purchase this 8.4lb light.
– Beautifully engineered for optimal PAR output and coverage
– Affordable with 450W of coverage
– Great reviews and very easy to use
– May not produce the full light that is advertised
– Some buyers say that this unit lacks intensity
– Best for a larger grow tent to help dissipate the powerful lights
07.ViparSpectra Reflector Series 600W Grow Light
This is one of the most popular ViparSpectra LED grow lights on the market, making it an excellent choice for indoor gardening of any kind. Since this unit is engineered to balance out PAR output and coverage, you’ll receive light that’s as similar to natural sunlight as possible. This can help your plants grow healthier and much more quickly than they would otherwise. In fact, this light can help plants grow through all stages with everything they need.
While this does produce 600W of power, it does not consume that much power from your home. It only uses 269W so you save money on your energy bill and can keep your light on as much as needed. This is an ideal choice for a 3’x3′ grow tent area and comes equipped with high-speed fans that are quiet for enjoyable use. There are also aluminum cooling heat sinks to help reduce heat in the grow room.
– Produces healthy plants with a quicker growth cycle
– Reliable warranty in case something goes wrong
– Fans help dissipate heat while still remaining quiet
– May be overpriced for the quality received
– Many buyers say lights stop working after a couple of months
– Despite fans, light can still become hot
08.ViparSpectra Dimmable Series 450W LED Light
This is one of the best LED grow lights for indoor plants thanks to the many features that make it easy to use and highly effective. These features begin with the ability to dim the light depending on the type of plant you’re growing and what stage of growth it’s in. This dimmer is made with red, white, and blue lights that offer precise control while still providing a nice balance of PAR and lumen light.
While the design of this unit may be a bit bigger than others, that’s due to its high-quality design that begins with 3.2″ front-fans you can see right next to the lights. These are complemented by aluminum cooling heat sinks that dissipate heat quietly for enjoyable operation. You’ll also notice this light has three separate buttons that control the brightness, each of which is easy to use.
If you’re worried about power consumption, this light has you covered. With 400W of power, you might be concerned about your electricity bills. Fortunately, this light only draws 210W of power maximum, so you don’t have to worry about increased bills when your light is on for hours at a time. If you have a growing area that’s no bigger than 3’x2.5′, then this is the light for you. It comes with a 3-year warranty and a 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
– You can dim the lights as you see fit, with the twist of a knob
– Dim different colors of lights to create the perfect lighting
– Quiet fans to help reduce heat
– Reliable warranty in case something breaks
– More expensive than non-dimmable lights
– Most effective when hung at 24”, which may be too high/low for some rooms
09.King LED 1200W LED Grow Light
This earned a spot on the best led grow lights review list because it has great reviews and a reliable built. Designed by a trusted name in grow lights, this unit has more power than most other lights on the market. It’s ideal if you have a lot of space to cover or simply want a more powerful light output to produce strong and healthy plants.
The 10W double chips within this light are bright and more efficient than the lights you’d find on other units, which are generally 3W or 5W. They’re also carefully designed to produce a nice balance of PAR/Lumen output so you always have a light that’s as close as possible to natural sunlight.
You’ll see colors of red, orange, UV, blue, red, and white once it’s on and shining down on your garden. For those who want to save energy, this is a great choice. Although it produces high quality light, it only consumes 235W of actual electricity, which saves quite a bit of money. To help reduce the amount of heat produced, this has a very efficient cooling system with strategically placed holes on the LED screen to help dissipate heat. Additionally, this has quiet yet powerful fans that keep heat away from the unit so it can run for hours on end without overheating.
– Easy to set up; just plug it in and hang at your desired height
– Powerful LED lights; higher quality than most other lights
– Buyers say it’s highly effective for improving the health of house plants
– Some buyers say it’s best for vegging rather than blooming
– Doesn’t have a veg/bloom switch
– Bulbs may burn out quickly
10.King LED Plus 1500W Double Chip LED Grow Light
When King LED is the manufacturer, you know you can trust the quality. This light is no exception, as it has been designed with 10W double chips that are not only brighter than other lights but also more efficient. They also keep a healthy balance of PAR and lumen output so you can adequate coverage within your growing space. When you plug this in, you don’t have to worry about your electricity bill. While it’s true that this consumes only 260W of power, it still produces 1500W to help with healthy and accelerated growth.
You’ll also notice that this is designed with all the colors you need to mimic natural sunlight, including yellow, white, IR, UV, red, and blue. With that, you can easily grow all types of plants without any natural sunlight. One of the biggest advantages of this unit is the efficient cooling system, which dissipates heat to help reduce overall heat in the room the light is being used in. It also has powerful fans that help dissipate heat very quickly when compared to other fans.
– Powerful 1500W light that doesn’t consume a lot of electricity
– Full spectrum light very similar to natural sunlight
– Helps strengthen plants so they grow strong instead of weak
– Some buyers say it lacks adequate white lights
– May be too bright for some growers
– Makes more noise than most buyers anticipate
11.Mars Hydro 600W LED Grow Light
This is a light with a lot of great reviews because it’s designed to work and last. The rectangular design makes it easy to hang and ensures adequate coverage for a 2’x3.5′ space with ease. If you have a larger growing area, you’ll need to install two lights side-by-side. If you don’t need a lot of power, then this is a great “middle of the road” choice because it produces 600W while only using 132W of actual power. It comes with loops on the top to hang in your growing area and is easy to operate by simply plugging the top of the unit in.
The integrated circuit board is one of the best features, as it is separated from heat sinks so that the unit will not fail if either stops working. You’ll also find that this has been built with high-speed fans that beautifully dissipate heat without making a lot of noise. With this, you can keep the light on for a long time without worrying about excessive heat in your grow room.
You can use this in many areas because of its compact size, although it should be hung 18″ from plants to ensure adequate growth. With a 3-year warranty and reputable customer service in the United States, this is an affordable light you can feel good about investing in.
– Excellent choice for casual growers who don’t need powerful lights
– Full spectrum lights that mimic the sun beautifully
– Consumes little energy to help reduce electricity bills
– Easy to use; just plug in and turn on
– Will not provide adequate coverage for large gardening spaces
– May need to have lights replaced after a couple months of use
– Light is smaller than some buyers anticipated
12.Mars Hydro Reflector 480W LED Grow Light
The led grow lights review for this particular model is easy to write, as it has been designed to be one of the most unique led lights on the market. That’s thanks to the “reflector” quality, which means the lights are surrounded by reflective sheets that helps enhance the power of the light to grow healthier plants in less time. This light is also designed with grow and bloom switches, which allows you more personalization for the type of plants that you’re growing.
When it comes to power, you’ll love that this unit only uses a fraction of the power that it produces, which will minimize your energy bills no matter how long you keep the light on for. It’s also very safe to use, with a circuit board that’s separated from the heat sink to prevent failure. The fans equipped on this unit add to the safety, as they will dissipate the heat to prevent overheating and keep the room cooler.
If you have a small garden or one single plant, this is going to be the ideal choice for you. It has been designed for a 2’x3′ space and will help in all stages of growth, from seedling all the way to flowering. A warranty is included for peace of mind, as this is one of the more expensive lights on the market for this particular wattage.
– 3-year warranty included, which has great reviews
– Made with a reflective coating to help make the light more powerful than traditional LEDs
– Runs 60% cooler than HID lights so your grow room stays a comfortable temperature
– Long lifespan so you don’t have to constantly replace
– Higher-end option that’s going to cost you more out of pocket
– Some buyers report poor light quality when in use for long periods of time
– Heavier than similar units, which can be difficult to hang
13.Meizhi LED Grow Light 600W
This highly reviewed led grow light is packed full of features and is UL & ETL certified. The unique design includes reflector panels along the bulbs, which help ensure plants get maximum light that’s spread effectively from side to side. In fact, this reflective design helps maximize yield so you get better growth every time. With 600W you’re getting a powerful light, although it’s designed to only use 277 of actual power to help reduce energy use. This means you can feel comfortable keeping this on for hours without running up your electricity bill every time.
This light is ideal for a 3’x3′ growing space when hung at an 18″ height, which is ideal for most small growing rooms. It is also equipped with dual veg and flower switches so you can choose the exact light you need based on growth cycle and type of plant.
When it comes to overheating, you won’t need to worry, as this is equipped with a superior cooling system as well. This uses 2 fast yet quiet fans to transmit heat and prevent any damage to the unit. For added peace of mind, you’ll receive a 12-month repairing warranty with your purchase.
– Affordable price point
– Equipped with veg and flower switch, making it easy to use
– Reduces energy consumption when compared to traditional lights
– Great reviews for improving the rate of plant growth
– Some buyers say the product does not last that long
– A lot of maintenance required; must constantly replace lights
– Fans may make more noise over time
14.Bestva 1000W LED Grow Light
LED lights like this one are designed to last a long time so you can continue to grow indoors for years to come. The first thing that separates this unit, in particular, is the 10W dual-chip LED lights that are brighter and more efficient than the traditional LED lights in most other units. You’ll get the highest output of PAR/LUMEN per each LED, which puts this unit into its own category. It also emits a full spectrum light that very closely mimics natural sunlight to get plants through each growth cycle in the healthiest manner possible.
The cooling fan system on this light is another huge benefit, as it’s quiet and helps keep the unit cool to touch. It even has small holes drilled into the aluminum panel to further ensure overheating doesn’t happen. To save you money on your power bill, this light only uses 185W of power while still producing the power you want. This is ideal for a 5.1’x4.7′ growing area when hung at a 24″ height and comes with a 3-year warranty included.
– Comes with a hanging kit for easy assembly
– Can be controlled by a timer for easy use
– Buyers see increased growth when they use this light
– May be smaller than anticipated
– Lights can quickly fade
– Customer service isn’t as reliable as it is with other companies
15.Bestva DC Series 2000W LED Grow Light
With 2000W of light, this unit is an excellent choice for growers who need something powerful. The power comes from the high-quality LED lights, which are designed with dual-chip technology so they are brighter as well as more efficient than traditional lights. The full spectrum of colors provides flowers and plants with the nutrients they would get from natural sun, making it easy to grow indoors without any sunlight.
If you’re concerned about heat, this unit has a powerful cooling system that is highly effective. This is because it uses small holes in the aluminum panel as well as fans to help dissipate the heat throughout the unit. This only uses 390W of actual power and covers twice as much area, with a maximum range of 7.8’x7.5′.
– Buyers claim this helps produce healthier plants and flowers
– Free returns and money back within 30-days
– High quality LED lights that are brighter and more efficient than other LED lights.
– Lights can burn out quickly
– Light may be too powerful for certain plants and cause damage
16.Mars Hydro Reflector 720W LED Grow Light
The Mars Hydro 720W light is offered in a unique rectangular design that makes it easy to fit just about anywhere you want to grow indoors. With three separate panels of lights, you’ll be able to reach more plants without sacrificing healthy growth. That’s because each of these panels is equipped with a reflective panel that helps the light more adequately reach the plants without using as much energy. Although this does produce 720W, it won’t use that much electricity when plugged in, which can help save you money on energy bills.
To use this, all you have to do is hang up, plug in, and turn on. It’s one of the easiest to use models out there and makes growing indoors a pleasure. The challenge of a hot unit isn’t even a problem with this, as it has been designed with separate heat sinks and circuit boards to ensure longevity if one area fails.
There are also heat dissipating fans installed within the unit to ensure it’s always cool to touch. This unit is ideal for a 2’x4′ grow tent area and can take plants through all stages of growth, from seedling all the way through the flowering stages.
– Easily switch between bloom and grow mode with the built-in switch
– Won’t overheat because of the integrated circuit board separate from the heat sink
– Plants respond well to the light and grow stronger/faster
– May not be adequate for experienced growers
– More expensive than other lights that are similar
– Panels can fail quickly
17.Meizhi 1200W LED Grow Light
This is an led grow light that is ideal for larger gardens, as it is capable of lighting a 4’x5′ growing area when hung at 18″. With eight small panels, this beautifully provides plants with full spectrum light that’s complemented by an upgraded reflector panel. This ensures the light beam is concentrated onto the plants in order to achieve healthier and accelerated growth. If you want high yield, this is the best way to help make sure that happens.
With 1200W of power, you might be worried about your energy bills skyrocketing with regular use. However, this particular light only uses 568W, which means you’ll save money without sacrificing power. Adding to the features, this unit has a great cooling system that’s equipped with four fast fans that dissipate heat throughout vents strategically placed on the side of the light. You also receive a 12-month repair service and 30-day money back with the purchase of this.You can also follow the guide line how to repair led grow light.
– Eco-friendly and can reduce your energy bills
– Veg and bloom switches easy to use for personalized growing
– Four high-speed cooling fans to help reduce heat
– Bulbs may not last as long as they should
– Materials are cheap and can easily break
– Buyers say it’s louder than it should be
18.ViparSpectra 1200W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum
With this light, you can enjoy a balance of PAR output and coverage thanks to the thoughtful design. This is also equipped with high-quality bulbs that provide full spectrum light that mimics natural sunlight. This unit also consumes less energy than you’d think with tests showing it only uses 524W when turned on and plugged in.
If you’re growing in an area that’s 4.5’x4.5′ or smaller, this is going to be a solid choice. The two large rectangular panels shine bright and can reach every angle of plants to ensure they grow healthy. To stay cool, this is equipped with high-speed fans and aluminum cooling heat sinks that dissipate the heat while running.
– Only uses 524W of power thanks to the led bulbs
– High-speed fans that help reduce heat so you can safely touch the unit while it’s on
– Offers the same benefits as natural sunlight
– Not an ideal replacement for an hps system
– Buyers say it’s not a good choice for the flowering stage
– May need to place light farther away from plants than with other lights
– Higher price point than similar lights
19.King LED Plus 2000W Double Chips LED Grow Light
This full spectrum light has been designed in a rectangular shape in order to easily reach all angles of your indoor garden. This is why it easily earned a spot on the led grow lights review list. The 10W double chips make it more powerful than traditional lights and help ensure that this offers a nice balance of PAR and lumen output. When it comes to energy savings, this light won’t let you down. It only consumes around 380W of power to help reduce your bills without sacrificing the brightness it exerts.
The full spectrum of light includes UV, IR, white, yellow, red, and blue colors, each of which provides plants with the nutrients that natural sunlight does. To help keep the unit cool, it has been designed with glass form convection fans and tiny holes on the led board inside. With this purchase, you get a 3-year warranty and reputable customer service.
– Powerful 10W double chips included in the design
– Comes with a 6ft power cord and hanging hook for easy installation
– You can expect this to last for around 100,000 hours, according to the manufacturer
– Some buyers say more white lights are needed in the design
– Can be difficult to set up without instructions
– Creates more heat than it should, which is a negative for most plants
20.ViparSpectra Dimmable Series 700W LED Grow Light
This ViparSpectra light offers 700W of brightness and full spectrum lights to provide your plants with healthy growth through each cycle. In addition to this, the unit has been designed with adjustable red, white, and blue dimmers that allow you to precisely control the displayed light for the exact type of plant that you’re growing. To make this unit even better, it has been designed with three high-quality fans that dissipate heat to make this safe to touch while it’s in use.
If you have a growing area of 4’x3′, this is going to be an excellent unit to invest in. It even comes with equipment that will allow you to safely hang it so each particle of light can touch your plants from side to side. While it can be used for maximum coverage up to 5’x4′, it’s not recommended. A 3-year warranty and 30-day satisfaction guarantee are both included with your purchase.
– Dimmable light that lets you take control of brightness
– Quiet fans that are displayed right on the front of the unit
– Uses a maximum of 326W to help reduce your energy bills
– Buyers say it doesn’t provide enough red light
– Only ideal for growing one or two plants
– Heavy and can be difficult to safely hang in some grow rooms
21.G8LED 240W LED Grow Light
As an award winning light, you can feel comfortable paying the higher price for this grow light. It was named the 2017 and 2016 “Best LED Grow Light” by High Times Magazine and has a pretty good track record with buyers. The technology used in this uses 8-band wavelength ratio in addition to infrared for efficient LED lighting that helps plants grow more effectively. You don’t even need a ballast to use this, as you just need to plug it in to operate.
As a product that’s made in the USA, it has undergone testing that most other lights can say that they have. This helps ensure quality control and that each customer receives a light they can enjoy using for a long time to come. Another benefit of this light is the fact that it is designed to provide light through the entire grow cycle and will provide coverage for 6 square feet total. It can also be used with a red flowering light to maximize yield.
– More expensive than the majority of grow lights on the market
– Weighs 8 pounds, which is heavier than comparable lights
– Buyers have seen their vegetation growth triple when using this light
– Lights can burn out quickly with regular use
– Very small coverage area; not ideal for large indoor gardens
– Technology isn’t as good as other lights
22.PlatinumLED Advanced Series 300W Grow Light
This model of grow light says it has the highest par/lumen output per watt, which is a major benefit for growers who want consistency and power. In fact, Platinum LED claims that the lights of these are 2x to 3x that of similar options. With 12-band full spectrum lights, this helps ensure your plants receive quality light that helps them grow quickly without sacrificing their health. This unit is also equipped with a veg and flower switch so you can choose the type of lighting for what you’re growing.
There are also two high-speed fans installed on the unit that help dissipate heat so you can keep this on for as long as you’d like. With a coverage area of 4.5’x3.8′ this is a good option for intermediate growing.
– Maximum efficiency that can help enhance plant growth quickly
– Ultra-efficient drivers offer maximum output that retains intensity while being used
– American owned and operated business
– 5-year warranty included
– High price point
– Coverage area is not as generous as advertised
– Much louder than anticipated
23.MaxiSun 1000W LED Grow Light
This light compares to traditional lights with the same wattage but it uses significantly less energy, only pulling 414W when tested. This can save you a considerable amount of money on your energy bills, especially if you run your lights for many hours at a time. Another unique feature this unit offers is a built-in timer that allows you to determine when the light turns on and off each day.
With automatic scheduling, you have a better chance of producing healthier plants that are given the proper amount of light and darkness. You can also control the veg and bloom channels to be as dim or bright as you’d like for ultimate customization while growing. The reflector on the front of each light helps magnify the PAR and also increases the penetration of the canopy by more than 100%. You’ll also receive a 2-year warranty and 60-day hassle-free return when you purchase this.
– Reflective design to help ensure healthy yields
– Built-in timer makes it easy to grow without constantly entering growing area
– Adjustable brightness you can change at any time
– More expensive than similar models available
– Customer service isn’t easy to contact
– Some buyers say growth is very slow
24.G8LED 450W Grow Light
This is one of the most expensive 450W LED lights on the market, although it does have nice features that make it worth the investment. This includes unique technology that is designed to create the highest quality LED lighting that’s also incredibly efficient. If you’re looking for something that is going to leave you with thriving crops, this is definitely something to consider.
Another great advantage of this unit is the fact that is has been designed with a cooling system that leaves it cool to touch, even when it has been on for long periods of time. It’s also tested and made in the USA, which the majority of competitor lights are not. A 2-year warranty is included with the purchase and they make customer service a priority. If you have a problem, you can contact them for help at any time.
– Winner of “best LED grow light” by High Times Magazine in 2016 and 2017
– Tested and made in the USA for optimal quality
– 6ft power cord included with purchase of light
– One of the most expensive LED grow lights available
– Does not cover as much ground as is advertised
– Buyers stated lights burned out after a year
25.G8LED 600W Mega LED Grow Light
If you have a bigger budget for your led light, then this is a unit that is worth considering. It has won the title of “best led grow light” twice, making it one that you can feel good about relying on for your plants. It has been designed with the technology that so many love from G8LED, which leaves you with high quality lights and a unit that doesn’t get extremely hot. This model, in particular, has great reviews from those who have invested in it.
While it is a heavier light, it can be easily reinforced with the easy hanging design located at the top of the unit. It’s recommended for a 4.5’x4′ area and should be used with a red flower booster if you’d like maximum yield for flowering. Like with other lights from this brand, this also comes with the same 2-year warranty and great customer service that you can rely on.
– Long track record of good customer service for buyers
– Lights are designed for vegetative growth and flowering
– Draws only 380W so you save on your power bill
– Weighs 22 pounds, making it one of the heaviest lights
– Very expensive; one of the most expensive lights of its kind
– Lights may burn out quickly
26.Advanced Platinum Series 600W LED Grow Light
With the highest par/lumen output per watt, thanks to led technology, this lighting unit is an excellent choice for indoor gardeners. While it’s more expensive than other units, that’s due to the fact that it has been designed for a large 6’x4′ space to accommodate many plants at once. The recommended height to hang this is 18″, as this allows the light to reach every angle of the plants so no areas are left untouched.
With 12-band full spectrum lights, this provides the complete rays of light that plants need to grow in a healthy manner, all without natural sunlight. It’s a great replacement for 800W HPS and can even be used in commercial applications. A 5-year warranty comes with this light in addition to a 90-day satisfaction or return guarantee.
– Highest par/lumen output per watt
– 6’x4’ of coverage helps ensure medium and large gardens are covered
– Made with quality materials to ensure longevity
– 5-year warranty included with purchase
– High price point, which may be out of budget for many buyers
– Not shipped in supportive packaging, which can result in breakage
– Buyers say it doesn’t cover as much area as is advertised
27.King LED XL750 LED Grow Light
If you’re looking for the ability to customize your light like never before, this is the product for you. While definitely more expensive than other options, the technology in this makes it worth it. It has been designed with 3 and 5 watt light-emitting diodes that produce the HID equivalent to 750W. Additionally, this light produces a large footprint that other LED lights can’t touch.
When you go to change the lighting, you’ll notice that three different photosynthetic spectrum ranges can be intensified or dimmed to your liking. If you want to get a closer look at the lights to individually focus where you intensify or dim, this product does come with special glasses to protect your eyes. This can easily be hung with the included equipment and hooks installed on the top of the unit.It covers 4×4 feet grow tent area.
– Dimming switches allow you to customize the light to your needs
– Buyers say plants grow much more quickly under this light
– Glasses come included with purchase
– Very expensive; may be out of budget for some buyers
– Difficult to change settings
– Fans can be loud
28.PlatinumLED Advanced Platinum Series P450
Designed by a brand that’s known for quality products, this is an excellent choice when it comes to a grow light that can accommodate several plants at once. The design begins with high-quality LEDs that have the highest lumen and par output per watt, which ensures you receive the brightness you need to grow healthy plants. It also features a 12-band full spectrum blend of colors that beautifully mimics natural sunlight to ensure healthy growth.
If you need to customize growth cycles, there are veg and bloom switches conveniently located on the side of the unit next to the power plug. As a 600W HPS replacement, you’ll see that this unit works quite well while still providing 450W of power for a 4.5’x4′ space. It also includes a 5-year warranty in addition to a 90-day satisfaction guarantee or return.
– 5-year warranty, which is much longer than warranty offered by other companies
– Medium coverage area to grow several plants at once
– Veg and flower switches located on sides of unit
– Heavier than other units at 18 pounds, which means hanging requires reinforcement
– Replacements can take months to fulfill
– Lights can burn out quickly
29.G8LED 900W Mega LED Grow Light
As an award winning light (including being one of the best led grow lights 2018), this is one that you can feel confident spending the extra money on. G8LED has designed this with quality in mind, leaving no detail left behind. This begins with their exclusive technology, which leaves you with the best 8-band wavelength ratio in addition to UV and IR lights.
In addition to this, the rectangular design has individually placed bulbs that always stay cool thanks to the eight small fans that are located in the back of the unit. Even 24 hours of use won’t cause this to overheat, which is more than some other units can say.
This is a product that’s not only tested in the USA but the LEDs are also made in the USA. With strict quality control, you’re very unlikely to need the 2-year warranty that comes with this. Instead, you can enjoy growing in a 24 square foot area with a PAR value that adds up to 1540 umoles at 16″.
– Award winning LED light made by a reputable manufacturer
– 900W of power that can cover 24 square feet of growing space
– High-speed fans that quickly dissipate heat to leave the unit cool to touch
– Lower energy bills
– Very expensive; out of budget for most buyers
– Weighs 22 lbs, which may not be suitable for some grow areas
30.PlatinumLED Advanced Series 1200W 12-band LED Grow Light
If you’re looking for a heavy-duty unit that can cover an area up to 6’x5.5′, then this is it. Designed by Platinum LED, this 1200W light offers 12-band full spectrum light to perfectly mimic natural sunlight. In addition to this, it has been designed with upgraded aluminum heat sinks to cool the unit quickly and without making any noise. When you get this, you’ll notice it’s much larger than other lights at 19″ x 36″ x 3″.
However, this is for good reason, as this is suitable for commercial use and the light can reach a lot more plants than traditional lights when hung at 18″ height. As an American-owned company, you get reliable customer service 7-days a week with this product, in addition to a complete 5-year warranty. However, since this is made with quality materials, including ultra-efficient drivers, it’s very unlikely this warranty will be needed.
– Ideal replacement for a 1400W HPS system
– Great for commercial use; covers a large area
– 8 whisper-quiet fans run without bothering you
– 46 pounds; must be hung with proper reinforcement
– Very expensive; ideal for commercial growers
– Lights can burn out quickly
From the best led grow lights High Times 2018 to the best led grow lights this year in 2019, there are many options out there to choose from. By reading through each of these, you’ll be able to see which fit your needs based on what you’re growing. Each led grow lights review is written so you can learn about longevity, features, and any additional information needed to make a good decision. Which one do you think you’ll pick up?